Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halo

I am sort of proud of myself right now. Another chapter of my lastest short story is almost completed and it's so great that I can finally write and not get distracted. I can sometimes lose track of my progress as im going, but eventually I find my place again. There are still some points in the story that are a little sketchy. I try my best to make it sound realistic, but when I reread  the words back to myself, it doesn't sound like a great story. Myabe thats why I procrastinate with my writing. I guess im kind of scared in a way. Im too scared to actually start writing because im afraid that it won't sound right. How do I write a story that actually seems worthy of being read? So it doesnt seem like a ten year old wrote it. I guess the only thing to do for right now is to continue writing to the best of my ability and hope that when somebody actually reads it, I can be more proud of myself.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way at times which is why i will just stop writing and work on something new. But i always go back and find i have more to add each time. It may not make sense to others but it makes sense to me and thats all that matters at the time. Dont give up! :)

    Chelsea Layfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on keeping on--it's the only way--just don't give up. Surround yourself with a support group, too *:)

    Good job on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel you on the whole "is it worth reading?" thing. That's what makes me feel like giving up also. But, just keep it going. Whether you feel it's not worth reading, it's a work you wrote so don't feel like it's worthless. It's definitely worth reading. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete